Active Monthly’s Top Ten exercise facts: -
Did you know?
- Regular exercise can extend your life expectancy by up to 5 years.
- That working out improves your brain function. In fact, regular exercise boosts a person’s memory, concentration and creativity.
- Exercise increases the size of a person’s heart so that it pumps blood more efficiently. It can also lower the persons resting heart rate and improve their breathing.
- People who exercise just 15 minutes per day have a 14% lower mortality risk than those who don’t.
- People who exercise have a stronger sleep-wake cycle, feel more rejuvenated and experience slow-wave deep sleep.
- Exercise strengthens the heart and lungs and rapidly circulates white blood cells and antibodies to fighting fit!
- Exercise releases happiness boosting hormones, serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine.
8. Listening to music while exercising can improve work out performance by 15%.
9. A pound of muscle burns 3 times more calories than a pound of fat.
10. People who eat dark chocolate - and exercise have 50% higher performance in their workouts.